Radon Information for the Home Owner

  • WHAT IS RADON GAS AND WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?

Radon a radioactive, odorless, colorless, tasteless gas which cannot be detected without a radon test, specifically. It is caused by uranium in soils decaying which creates the radioactive gas – Radon – that is attributed to causing over 20,000 deaths per year, according to the EPA. Radon gas is noxious throughout the U.S.A.

Your home is a trap for radon gas, allowing it to build up and preventing it from dissipating into the air naturally. Radon can enter through unsealed crawl spaces, cracks in floors and foundation, and the water supply.

Radon levels at or above 4.0pCi/L are harmful in your home. The EPA recommends you begin with a short-term test and follow it with a second short-term test or a long-term test. The sooner you start your testing process, the sooner you can fix the problem if you have it.

You may not notice it, but your home could be giving you lung cancer. Call now: 303-586-7299

  • SURGEON GENERAL HEALTH ADVISORY

“Indoor radon is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and breathing it over prolonged periods can present a significant health risk to families all over the country. It’s important to know that this threat is completely preventable. Radon can be detected with a simple test and fixed through well-established venting techniques.” January 2005​

7-low-resolution-for-web-png-1545240154
ferret.png

©Copyright 2019 by Mountain State Home Inspections, LLC.